Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Here is my very first knit amigurumi!! I'm not actually sure what the definition of amigurumi is, so I'm not sure if this is one or just a knit toy, but whatever it is, I'm so proud of it! I didn't think I'd be able to knit something like this because I'm a novice knitter and have always stuck to hats and scarves, but I did it! It is a bit rough around the edges, as you can see, but not bad for a first try.




It is a bit bigger than I thought it would be, which is good. I took a pic of my youngest son holding it to demonstrate the size.
I'm so proud of this cute owl that I have named him... his name is Jorje - ha!
Here is the original pattern by Amy Gaines:





9 comments:

  1. Jorje is adorable! You should be proud! You did great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH it's wonderful!! It doesn't look 'rough' at all, it's quirky and adorable :) Well done, for a first time, that's so amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw! Reminds me of the stuffed animals from my childhood (I'm a Generation X'er)! Love the colors and texture!

    Here's a little bit of information on amigurumi:
    http://www.diylife.com/2007/08/07/diy-definitions-amigurumi-with-tutorial/

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you so much for all your kind comments! He is quirky,isn't he :) Awww.. Jorje.. too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is so cute! I hope he ends up well loved. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. well done you - Jorge is very cute -- now go get yourself some Debi Birkin patterns , they are also very cute and very easy to follow :-)

    ReplyDelete