Thursday, January 6, 2011

Magazines for Nursing Home Patients

I've got great news that I'd love to share with you, and if you can help in any way, that would be wonderful! The nursing home that my grandmother (94) lives in is attempting to create a library for their patients. Apparently they do not have much reading material for the patients, and I think this is a great thing for the center to be doing for them. I will be collecting materials for the library, and I'm super excited about adding to their library. I'm not sure what kind of books they might like, and they'd probably have to be large print, so right now I think I'll focus on collecting magazines for their library, since that seems to be what the patients like to read anyway.*

Do you have any magazines you can donate to a good cause? Please drop them off at my house any time you can, or email me and I'll send you my address. My email address is mzel@bellsouth.net. Thank you so much for considering donating to this cause!

***UPDATE (1/30/11): We are now collecting books as well as magazines! Please send in your unwanted books and magazines.. they are going to a good home filled with people who need them.***

Meridith

No comments:

Post a Comment